Food Bank Insurance

Insurance Brokers Southampton

Specialists in Food Bank Insurance

Following recent cuts and the economic downturn, many families are finding it tough to provide food. At Norris & Fisher, we are seeing an increase in the activities of Food Banks. One of the major costs for such charities is insurance and this is where we may be able to help.

We specialise in insurance for the charity and voluntary sector and have access to competitive premiums and specialist policies for Food Banks.

Please click below to complete our enquiry form for a free no obligation quotation, or contact us if you have any queries.

Photo of three people putting food into a box for a food bank.
The Trussell Trust logo.

Frequently asked questions

Why do we Need Food Bank Insurance?

The main cover required is Employers Liability and Public Liability insurance. Employers’ Liability is a compulsory form of cover if you have employees.

As well as paid employees, this would also extend to volunteers and trustees. This is much welcome protection when trying to source your volunteers.

Do we Need Public Liability Insurance and What Does This Cover?

Whilst not compulsory, Public Liability is an essential component of any policy.

This provides cover for injury to third parties or damage to their property which arises from the negligent activities of the policyholder.

Cover available £1m annual income or turnover. £500,000 annual wage roll & up to 500 volunteers.

What Documents do we Need?

Risk assessments, DBS for volunteers and a safeguarding policy.

What Else is Covered by the Food Bank Policy?

As standard we cover stock, contents, electronic and computer equipment, Money (£2,500), Book Debts (£5,000), Employers Liability (£10m), Public Liability (£5m) and Legal Expenses (£250,000).

Extras can be added such as Business Interruption, Personal Accident, Fidelity Guarantee, All Risks, Trustees Indemnity, Buildings and Tenants Improvements.

Does the Policy Cover our Volunteers?

Yes, volunteers are covered under the Employers Liability section. This comes at a standard sum insured of £10 million.

Personal Accident can also be included subject to an additional premium.

This provides cover for injury to employees, trustees, committee members or volunteers arising from an accident where there is no need for negligence.

If a volunteer were to suffer an injury whilst on committee business and is unable to work as a result, then the policy would provide a cash payment to make up for their loss of income. This would also pay larger lump sums for death or disablement.

What if we Have Multiple Locations?

Food stock is on a floating basis, therefore multiple locations can be listed where food stock is stored. We can also include cover for outbuildings and external storerooms.

Send a message
directly to our team

If you have any queries, then please fill in the form and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively give us a call or drop us an email using the following details.

023 8026 9009
[email protected]

Norris and Fisher Insurance Brokers Ltd
Threefield House, Threefield Lane
Southampton SO14 3LP

Ask a question

Contact Us