Insurable Interest

At Norris & Fisher Insurance Brokers, we specialise in insurance for community buildings and we receive a number of enquiries from Hall committees and other voluntary bodies asking whether they can insure property belonging to someone else. A regular case in point is the question as to whether a Parish Council can arrange cover on a community building. The insurance principle that underlies the answer is Insurable Interest. The position is that a Parish Council can only arrange insurance on the building if the Council has an insurable interest in the building, in other words if the Parish Council would suffer a loss were the building to be damaged. The agreement between the Hall committee

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
Quick question?
Send a message directly to our team.

© 2020 by Norris & Fisher (Insurance Brokers) Ltd - Company Reg No: 04567558
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority - register no. 303993

Follow us:

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon